Welcome to P7b’s class page. We hope you enjoy looking at what we’ve been up to this year.
P7b have been very busy over the past few months:
- We performed a fantastic service all about ‘Making a Mark’ and inspiring others by doing good in the world.
- In maths, we have been learning about equations, spending a budget during Financial Education week, rounding and estimating, and have recently moved on to using mental and written strategies to solve calculations.
- In literacy, we have been following the Big Writing Adventures programme, looking at the story of Goldilocks and writing a variety of pieces to prove her innocence. We have finished our first reading books and have just started reading the novel ‘Abomination’ by Robert Swindells.
- In P.E., we have been improving playing netball and hockey, and have just started fitness activities where we will try and improve our scores our the next few weeks.
- We have been very busy preparing for our Mock Court Case trial on November 16th. The gown-makers have almost finished their gowns, the artists are making their final piece of art, the journalists are putting together their newspaper articles, and the lawyers, researchers and witnesses are busy writing court documents, witness questions and creating productions to be used as evidence during the case.
We’re really looking forward to starting to rehearse the Christmas Show soon – this year we’re our performance is called ‘Panto Pandemonium’!
We’ve had a great start to the term – learning about the Structure of the Earth, building our stamina in P.E. and going to Princes Street Gardens for the Edinburgh International Festival Schools’ Concert. Have a look: