Welcome to P7b’s class page. We hope you enjoy looking at what we’ve been up to this year.
Primary 7b have had a really busy term with lots of different activities, events, topics and lessons taking place. Have a look at our photos to find out more:
P7b finished off 2017 on a high with a fantastic performance at Edinburgh Sheriff Court for the Mock Court Case Project. The whole class pulled together really well with articles written, artwork produced, gowns made, witnesses prepared and lawyers ready for the trial with lots of help from the researchers too! It was a really great event and P7b had their action dismissed and so won the trial!
As you can see from the photos, we have also been making the most of our new playground equipment, have enjoyed our new school approach to spelling and learning common words, and have been playing some new maths games on iPads and with our friends.
P7b have been very busy over the past few months:
- We performed a fantastic service all about ‘Making a Mark’ and inspiring others by doing good in the world.
- In maths, we have been learning about equations, spending a budget during Financial Education week, rounding and estimating, and have recently moved on to using mental and written strategies to solve calculations.
- In literacy, we have been following the Big Writing Adventures programme, looking at the story of Goldilocks and writing a variety of pieces to prove her innocence. We have finished our first reading books and have just started reading the novel ‘Abomination’ by Robert Swindells.
- In P.E., we have been improving playing netball and hockey, and have just started fitness activities where we will try and improve our scores our the next few weeks.
- We have been very busy preparing for our Mock Court Case trial on November 16th. The gown-makers have almost finished their gowns, the artists are making their final piece of art, the journalists are putting together their newspaper articles, and the lawyers, researchers and witnesses are busy writing court documents, witness questions and creating productions to be used as evidence during the case.
We’re really looking forward to starting to rehearse the Christmas Show soon – this year we’re our performance is called ‘Panto Pandemonium’!
We’ve had a great start to the term – learning about the Structure of the Earth, building our stamina in P.E. and going to Princes Street Gardens for the Edinburgh International Festival Schools’ Concert. Have a look: